Friday 14 October 2016

INTERVIEW: South African Supreme "Queen B" (Bonang Matheba) with GLAM Africa Magazine


GLAM: One fact most fans don’t know about you?
Queen B: I’m asthmatic – I don’t know how many people know about that. I was diagnosed when I was five years old and I’ve been living with asthma all my life. 

 GLAM: Favourite African city?
Queen B: Cape Town, because it is beautiful, the culture there is incredible. It’s one of my favourite holiday destinations, because it’s very global, very
European, but it’s quintessential South Africa – the markets there and so many things come together beautifully; our fashion, our music, our people. Cape Town really personifies how beautiful South Africa is and what a great nation I think we are. 

 GLAM: Favourite far flung holiday destination?
Queen B: I love Paris, I love London and I love Los Angeles. And I love Mauritius. 

 
GLAM: 5 things always in your handbag?
Queen B: My cell phone, my power bank to charge my cell phone, a pair of sunglasses, my asthma pump and my Revlon lipgloss. 

 
GLAM: Who’s your favourite designer at the moment?
Queen B: Hazra and Guccia – I absolutely love him; I’ve worked with him numerous times over the years and he just gets better and better. Internationally it has to be Balmain; I have huge respect for Olivier. 

GLAM: Who do you stalk the most on Instagram?
Queen B: I stalk a lot of the Kardashians – I love what they wear, I love their family and I just love their online presence on social media. I get a lot of style inspiration from them. 

I stalk FashionBombDaily - their owner, Claire Sulmers, who I have great respect for, and I also stalk Chrissy Teigen who I find really, really, really funny. 

GLAM: In Real Life, who is your favourite person right now?
Queen B: My mother.
  
 
Source: Fashion Bomb Daily  

No comments:

Post a Comment